What Items Should I Donate?
The Tri-City Food Pantry accepts almost all non-perishable food products but we ask that you please check that the food items you wish to donate haven’t expired or gone past the “Best By” date. It is the Tri-City Food Pantry policy that we do not give our clients outdated or opened food or toiletry items.
During the summer months, the pantry DOES accept good usable fruit and vegetable offerings from local gardeners. Please discard any rotten or bruised items as we cannot give those to our clients.
The Tri-City Food Pantry CANNOT accept any wild game meat (deer, elk, pheasant, etc.). There are pantries that do accept some wild game meat, but you need to call the Food Bank for the Heartland for a list of pantries that do so.
The pantry does not accept or use food or toiletry items that are open and/ or partially used. e.g. oatmeal, cornmeal, honey, syrup, etc.
The pantry is especially in need of items that round out a meal, such as:
- side dishes (potato, rice and pasta sides)
- Helper meals (tuna, chicken and burger)
- tomato products (used in many recipes)
- canned fruit (our clients cannot afford to buy fresh)
- saltine crackers (for soup, making meatloaf, etc.)
- Jelly (we receive peanut butter, but rarely the jelly to go with it)
All the items above are food items the average family often places in their grocery basket when refilling their pantries. Our pantry has a great need for more of these type of food items.
A complete list of all the food items we routinely stock in our pantry is below:
- Spaghetti sauce
- Pork and Beans
- Canned chili beans
- Canned chili or stew
- Canned pasta (spaghettios, ravioli, etc)
- Manwich or sloppy joe mix
- Tuna or Chicken Helper or Hamburger Helper
- Canned/foil pack tuna or canned chicken
- Jello or pudding mix
- Corn Muffin mix or cake or brownie mix
- Peanut butter & Jelly
- Canned fruit (peaches, pears, etc.)
- Canned mixed vegetables
- Canned tomatoes/tomato sauce or paste
- Boxed potato dishes ( au gratin, mashed, etc.)
- Rice side dishes ( Rice-a-roni/Uncle Ben’s)
- Pasta side dishes (Knorr’s etc)
- Boxed macaroni & cheese
- Toilet paper/ Kleenex/ paper towels
- Toiletries (soap, shampoo, toothpaste, deodorant)
- Laundry detergent or dish soap (Dawn etc.)
Please check the expiration dates of all food items!
Expired food items and opened/partial packages cannot be used by the Pantry.